This Sunday in Oslo…
Turning stories into reality.
Sneak peek into the program:
Smile and Encrypt Everything
Basic Computer Security for Freedom Lovers
Talk & Workshop
1. Generalities. (talk one hour + Q&A).
– Safety = privacy + anonimity. Threats.
– Why do they watch us (even if we are idle and innocent). Think like an oppressor. How important you are?
– The Panopticon approach. You will die anyway, so?
– How bad people use “Big data” and “small data”.
– Why we should apply security means (for our safety now, for our future, for the others).
– Privacy: the concept of cryptography, symmetric/asymmetric keys, digital signature, channel safety vs. message safety (metadata problem).
– Anonimity: TOR, VPN, proxies.
– Awareness and participation.
– Extras: Steganography, OTR style authentication.
2. Level Green. Basic habits of safe internet usage. (Talk and presentation up to 2 hrs + Q&A)
– The safety postcard level green (see handouts).
– Safe web browsing (Firefox/Iceweasel and plugins). The cookie problem. TORbrowser.
– Safe emailing (Thunderbird/Icedove and GPG)
– Safe chatting (Pidgin and OTR)
– Basic local data encryption. Plausible deniability.
3. Level Yellow. (Presentation + Q&A up to one hour)
– Closed circle communications: RetroShare.
4. Level Orange. (Presentation + Q&A up tp one hour)
– Amnesiac Linux: Tails. Installation, update and tweaking.
– TOR – relative anonimity in the net.
5. Handouts, references and recommended readings.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.